What do you do when you have just a 1/2 cup of pumpkin puree leftover looking at you sadly? Why you use it to make a healthy Pumpkin Protein Smoothie! It’s a great way to get the comforting flavors of fall into a morning smoothie, and it’s also a nice change from the green smoothies. But you don’t have to wait until fall to add pumpkin in your daily smoothies because pumpkin is super high in vitamin A (280 percent dv). And to make sure this smoothie is as healthy as can be, it has 17 grams of organic plant-based protein (a complete protein with 7 g of sprouted grains, seeds and legumes) and also provides 20 percent dv of fiber. Add even more extra nutrition by sprinkling some raw pumpkin seeds and hemp seeds on top.
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cup homemade almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon organic almond butter
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 teaspoon organic cinnamon powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic nutmeg powder
- 1/4 teaspoon organic ginger powder
- organic pumpkin seeds
- organic hemp seeds
- Add all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with hemp seeds or pumpkin seeds, if desired.