Just one ingredient is all that it takes to breathe new life into an old recipe. These latkes have all the goodness of the traditional dish, with the added goodness of fresh kale! Frying them makes them perfectly crispy. Serve them as a side to a tofu scramble or as a snack on their own!
Potato and Kale Latkes [Vegan]
- 3 medium potatoes unpeeled
- 1/2 bunch kale
- 3 spring onions
- 2 large pinches of salt
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan until smoking hot, then turn down the heat down low.
- Grate everything coarsely in the food processor. Season with salt to taste.
- Scoop spoonfuls of the mix into the pan and cook for 5-10 minutes over low heat.
- Flip and cook the other side for 5-10 minutes.