These sweet frozen delights are a real treat in disguise! Fresh blueberries turn these cups a gorgeous purple color, but you can experiment with any kind of fruit. The added probiotics aren't a necessity, but they give your gut that extra boost of healthy bacteria!
Probiotic Blueberry Yogurt Bites [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- 1 15-ounce can of coconut cream
- 1 package of probiotics
- 1 4.4-ounce package of blueberries
- 2 cups non-dairy yogurt (should be a liquid-y consistency)
- Sweetener to taste, such as stevia
- Agar agar
- Heat coconut cream and optional sweetener to barely a boil and remove from heat. In a glass bowl, allow the cream to cool to 115º F.
- While the coconut cream is cooling dissolve the agar agar in hot water, once fully dissolved, add the thickener to the warm coconut milk. Stir well to combine.
- Once the coconut cream reaches 115ºF add the yogurt starter (or probiotic powder) and stir to combine. Pour the mixture into a very clean glass jar with a tight fitting lid.
- Cover with a towel and place in oven that is completely off with only the light on with the door shut. Allow to culture for 8-24 hours (the longer it cultures the tangier it tastes) Once ready, put in the fridge to stop the culturing process for another 6 hours.
- Once ready place the yogurt with half a container of blueberries in a food processor. Once blended, pour into the homemade yogurt until well combined.
- Place in silicone cupcake holders and top with fresh blueberries. Freeze in a container for at least 30 minutes before serving.