This recipe combines rich, salty caramel, chocolate, and toasted pecans ... doesn't that sound divine? These decadent desserts also look pretty fancy, so if you have a party to go to, these are the thing to make! The toughest part is resisting the urge to keep them to yourself.
Gooey Salted Caramel Pecan Turtle Bars [Vegan]
This Recipe is :
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease and line your baking pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Beat 1 1/4 cups vegan butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Add flour, cornstarch, powdered sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla and mix together until a dough forms.
- Press into your prepared pan and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the cane sugar, agave, molasses, remaining butter, and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla with 1/4 cup water. Stir until the cane sugar has dissolved.
- Once the mixture begins to bubble, stir in the coconut milk. The caramel will slowly thicken for 10-15 minutes- use a candy thermometer to measure the temperature and remove from heat once the caramel reaches about 240°F.
- Immediately pour the caramel over the prepared crust and top with pecans, chocolate, and coarse sea salt.
- Let the bars cool completely before cutting and serving.