Often mistaken for a grain, couscous is actually pasta made from small semolina seeds. This recipe ditches the carbs by creating a couscous-like texture using cauliflower. Enjoy this as a side dish or a large entrée, and feel free to skip the baking part to cut the cooking time in half. Cauliflower is equally delicious served raw!
Cauliflower 'Couscous' [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1/2 of a small cauliflower head
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pistachio nuts
- 1/4 cup raisins
- A bunch of parsley or cilantro
- A few mint leaves
- Salt, to taste
- Cover the raisins with water and let it soak for one hour (this step can be skipped if you prefer crunchy raisins).
- Preheat the oven to 180°F.
- Wash the cauliflower and remove the leaves. Cut the cauliflower into pieces. Put them in a food processor and process until you get the couscous look. Put in a bowl.
- Season with salt. Add olive oil and turmeric. Stir well.
- Transfer into a baking dish and place in oven for about 20-25 minutes. When the cauliflower starts to become golden-brown, remove from the oven.
- Chop the parsley, or cilantro, and mint. Mix all ingredients.
- Serve warm or cold.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS