Butter Lettuce Wedges With Sunflower Seed Dressing, Pears and Tempeh Bacon [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tsp. dried chives, or 1 Tbsp. fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 large heads butter lettuce, cut into quarters
- 2 ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- Tempeh bacon, crumbled or chopped (exclude if going for 100% raw)
- Add the sunflower seeds through the salt in a high-speed or regular blender and process until very smooth. Add the chives and parsley and pulse a few times to incorporate. Set aside.
- Place two butter lettuce wedges each in four bowls. Divide the pear slices, the tempeh bacon and the dressing between the bowls. Serve.