A delicious Asian inspired noodle salad which incorporates our beloved Plain Jane Peanut Butter. A great balance of protein, fresh veggies, and carbs.
serves 4, active time 15 minutes, total time 15 minutes
- 8 ounces fresh Chinese noodles (substitute 1/4 lb of your favorite noodle or pasta)
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup Saratoga Peanut Butter Plain Jane Chunky PB
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh ground chili sauce (we like Sriracha), more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons juice from 2 limes (rice wine vinegar works too)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or Agave
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 large red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced fine
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil (substitute with mint or cilantro leaves)
- 8 scallions, sliced in long thin strips
- 2 jalapeño peppers diced (remove seeds to lessen heat)
- 1 to 2 red chilies minced
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Prepare noodles according to package.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water.
- Let noodles sit until thoroughly chilled. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, chili sauce, lime juice, sesame seed oil, garlic, brown sugar (or Agave), and water.
- Whisk until blended. Add drained noodles to bowl.
- Add bell peppers, cucumber, bean sprouts, basil leaves, scallions, jalapeños, and chilies (if using).
- Lightly toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with crushed peanuts and Salt and Pepper to taste.
Saratoga Peanut Butter Company is located in historic Saratoga Springs, New York. In business since 2006. We produce a line of Peanut Butter and Almond Butter blends with a unique twist. Our nut butters are all natural, gluten free, with vegan options. Rachel Ray, Oprah, and The Wall Street Journal have featured our nut butters.
“We Started At Nuts And Then Went Crazy!!!”