A delicious Asian inspired noodle salad which incorporates our beloved Plain Jane Peanut Butter. A great balance of protein, fresh veggies, and carbs.
Peanut Butter Spicy Noodles
- 8 ounces fresh Chinese noodles (substitute 1/4 lb of your favorite noodle or pasta)
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup Saratoga Peanut Butter Plain Jane Chunky PB
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh ground chili sauce (we like Sriracha), more or less to taste
- 2 tablespoons juice from 2 limes (rice wine vinegar works too)
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seed oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar or Agave
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 2 large red, orange, or yellow bell peppers, sliced into thin strips
- 1 large cucumber, seeded and sliced fine
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil (substitute with mint or cilantro leaves)
- 8 scallions, sliced in long thin strips
- 2 jalapeño peppers diced (remove seeds to lessen heat)
- 1 to 2 red chilies minced
- 1/2 cup crushed peanuts
- Prepare noodles according to package.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl of ice water.
- Let noodles sit until thoroughly chilled. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine peanut butter, soy sauce, chili sauce, lime juice, sesame seed oil, garlic, brown sugar (or Agave), and water.
- Whisk until blended. Add drained noodles to bowl.
- Add bell peppers, cucumber, bean sprouts, basil leaves, scallions, jalapeños, and chilies (if using).
- Lightly toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, topped with crushed peanuts and Salt and Pepper to taste.
EXPLORE MORE VEGAN RECIPES WITH THESE INGREDIENTS