Gluten-Free and Vegan
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- Juice of 1 fresh grapefruit
- ½ tsp. grapefruit zest
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare a baking dish with nonstick baking spray.
- Slice eggplant in half; then lay the flat portion of the eggplant flat on the surface and slice each half into 8 fry-like shapes using a sharp knife.
- In a large bowl, whisk remaining ingredients. Add eggplant fries; gently toss to coat.
- Place coated eggplant fries on prepared baking dish; bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven; set aside to cool for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a side of salsa or guacamole.
Amie Valpone, HHC, AADP, Editor-in-Chief of TheHealthyApple.com is a Manhattan based Culinary Nutritionist, Personal Chef, Professional Recipe Developer and Food Writer specializing in simple Gluten-Free and Dairy-Free ‘Clean’ recipes for the home cook. Visit Amie on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.