Buy the #EatForThePlanet book

The heartbroken look on the face of a relinquished Pit Bull mix at a California shelter has gone viral. The four-year-old dog named Electra was brought into the shelter, and after her original guardians left, the sweet dog realized they were not coming back. That devastating moment was captured on video by animal right activist Lolys Menchaka, who posted it on social media, where it soon went viral because of the raw emotion expressed on Electra’s face.

The look of pure sadness and worry on Electra’s face proves just how traumatizing it is for animals to be given up by their guardians. Although there are a number of legitimate reasons a family is forced to part ways with a family pet, it is still a tragic life changing event.

Thankfully, Electra has been adopted, and we hope she is adjusting well to life with her new family. However, Electra is just one of many animals wishing on a prayer to be rescued from shelters all across the globe. If you are considering adding a new animal companion to your family, please remember Electra and how valuable it is to adopt, not shop. And please share with friends to encourage them to adopt from shelters too!

This Man Filmed Himself Brutally Beating a Dog and Said He Will Do the Same to Women – He MUST Be Arrested

French Schools to Provide Meat-Free Meals Once a Week and Eliminate Single-Use Plastics Thanks to New Law

WTH?! USFWS Has Decided to Allow Unlawful Import of a Black Rhino Killed By a Trophy Hunter

There Is Nothing More Pure Than This ‘Honorary Cat Grandpa’ Who Volunteers and Naps With Special Needs Cats

0 comments on “Heartbreaking Moment Pit Bull Realized She Had Been Abandoned in a Shelter is a Lesson for all Pet Parents (VIDEO)”

Cat

Pit Bulls are fiercely loyal and no matter how badly she appears to have been treated she loved her owners and felt abandoned.

Cath
29 May 2017

So happy she was adopted.

Ruth Ludgater

Abandoning a pet is a very traumatic experience for most animals and they do not fully adjust and flourish until they have found their FOREVER home.

dredwick

The dog isn\'t sad that she was left at the pound... the dog is sad that she was treated like crap before she was left at the pound. Regardless, this is just click bait.

James Krause

So sweet!

Mike

People always side with the dog. What about the people that are attacked by these dogs? I\'ve had 3 dogs long term and never had them trained other than house train. You shouldn\'t have to train a dog not to attack. People need to understand that pitt bulls are bred to fight. It is in their genes. Every time they kill a child, the parents said they didn\'t have the slightest idea the dog was vicious. They are pitt bulls. That should have been a huge clue. Whenever we have one in the neighborhood, it scares me to the point we can\'t even go for a walk.

Brian
26 May 2017

What an utterly stupid and naive attitude.

Amanda Adams
26 May 2017

Mike: Then stay inside idiot! If you are so obviously "afraid of your own shadow"you shouldn\'t be walking around! My dogs are more important and mean more to me than you or your brats!

Dave
26 May 2017

Mike...... Not sure if this is a troll post, or you are the biggest cry baby alive. I just feel bad for you.

Karlweatherz
27 May 2017

Mike he is right..... LOL @ all the people replying to mike who treat animals better then there own kids. You suck!

BeVo

I see neglected claws, grown out to a painful length, a painful chain about the neck and irritating raw skin on the belly. I think this separation distress look may just as well say "what did I do this time to deserve punishment" than "I\'ll miss being a pet in their home". Hope the next family shows her a better life.

Redteddy
26 May 2017

Of course you\'re right but its still painful to watch, he\'s so scared.

Qualityhmimps

PEOPLE are the IGNORANT part of This "equation" EACH & EVERY TIME !!! Oh,,, we just can\'t take our puppy with us... (Insert LAME ASS "REASON").... If YOU get a Pet .... IT\'S YOURS... PERIOD !!! Love it, teach it, cherish it, PROTECT IT, & NEVER, NOT EVER do you give up on it !!! " YOU " Took that oath the very Second YOU decided to take it "Home"..... & GOD WILLING,,,, ALL of you WILL BE JUDGED ACCORDINGLY one day !!!! Self centered, egotistical, excuse making pc\'s of Human TRASH !!!! Can YOU IMAGINE the pure TERROR these poor creatures (pets), FEEL....once they figure out they\'ve been " DUMPED "......? THINK about THAT for a bit, PLEASE !!!

Veronica
26 May 2017

If they, can only imagine, if the shoe was on the other foot. Unloved, and abandoned...makes, and unhealthy life. I\'m very saddened by this.

john doe

Do people feel that sorry to the victims of Pit Bulls? I\'ve seen comments of Pit Bull lovers who defended Pit Bull after killing a child or small dog.

John
26 May 2017

Sorry, I\'m a firm believer that dogs are a reflection of their owners. NO dog regardless of breed is born inherently bad or violent. If a dog isn\'t raised properly from a puppy, it can have behavioral issues later in life. Some dogs require more training than others. Too many people think/believe dogs require little or no training and don\'t put in the time or effort to make sure their pet is a good citizen.

always right
26 May 2017

How many feels sorry for the pregnant drug addict teenager, who feels sorry for the killing of his girl friends baby while she is at work and he is a home doing drugs and/or alcohol, who feels sorry the drug/alcoholic mother who kills her baby,who feels sorry for the father who kills his child. I could go on and on, but the fact is dogs and pit bulls especially pit bulls who so scared of anything that gives people the rights to own dogs and again especially pit bulls and have the rights to do anything out side your small liberal protected liberal world who actually have no life of your own other than other liberals in the same mindset. I have and will defend dog, no matter the breed. They are either trained or not trained, so in 99.9% of the cases the reslt of the owners of the dog. So chastise the dog ignore the owner or not. You have been trained to hate anything that is not within the realm of training.

Jay Jay
26 May 2017

You wouldn’t say that if you had the honor of rescuing and raising a Pit like my family did. With love and acceptance we have one of the most loving and heartwarming best friend anyone of us could ask for.
Our Pit was abandoned and strolling along a heavily busy street when we found him. Granted he may have only be about 3 – 4 months and probably was a hopeful healthy pup to breed other pits. But, he had a physical defect and was left to die on that busy street. It was fate that we found him that day and just in time. How grateful we’re to have him.
We knew he was a pit and at first had concerns. But, those worries disappeared quickly after seeing how well he developed and how playful he is even at 5 years. To us he is a member of the family and if we lost him it would sadden us greatly. Like someone else on this page said. It’s all behavioral and the intent of the owner to train their pets to be aggressive or not. We made a choice to raise our buddy to be fun loving and kind. And he is loved by everyone he meets.

James Krause
26 May 2017

Those dogs were raised by Demons. It is very tragic.

Daniel C. Fisher

I lost my dog in 2013 to bladder cancer. We got him when he was 6 weeks old from the local rescue league. When we had to put him down he was 12. I still cry and deeply miss my Nugget. So in 2014, about a year later we went to a rescue down South of our town and got a little dog we named Foxey because he looks like a little fox. He is part Sheltie and part Besenji. I will give up half my own food before I would let anyone take my Foxey. He was abused as a puppy and I will never let that happen again. How anyone can abandon their dog is beyond me. I know cercumstances can change but give up my fur baby? I\'ll give up my house first!

susan smith-scardina

My dog was picked up in my neighborhood for street walking. She was such a whore. Anyhow, I went to the pound and she was the only one not barking. She was laying on the ground, so dejected. When she saw me she said, "Mom, never again!" She was a wonderful dog. RIP Freckles.