Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.
Being a dog stuck in a shelter is rough on the soul. While yes, these pups are definitely safer within the confines of a shelter than out on the street, every day they live in loneliness. Their hope ebbs and wanes as visitors come and go and though they are not aware of it, many are at risk of being put down if they don’t find a family.
Benny, the dog, in the video above, was a resident of the Carson Animal Center, a high-kill shelter in California. Week after week, Benny waited for a kind person to come through the door and end his misery. His story, just like the hundreds of other homeless dogs in shelters, is disheartening to say the least. You can tell how discouraged Benny was just by his shy and timid nature at the beginning of the footage. Well, that is until he realized he was getting adopted!
Once he was walked out of his kennel, Benny simply couldn’t contain his excitement! He raced through the hallway, tugging his new human companion along, leaping in the air with joy.
Seeing a transformation like this happens in mere minutes, you realize the truly beautiful impact adoption can have on an animal. To learn more about why you should adopt and not shop for pets, click here.
Easy Ways to Help the Planet:
- Eat Less Meat: Download Food Monster, the largest plant-based Recipe app on the App Store to help reduce your environmental footprint, save animals and get healthy. You can also buy a hard or soft copy of our favorite vegan cookbooks.
- Reduce Your Fast Fashion Footprint: Take initiative by standing up against fast fashion Pollution and supporting sustainable and circular brands like Tiny Rescue that are raising awareness around important issues through recycled zero-waste clothing designed to be returned and remade over and over again.
- Support Independent Media: Being publicly-funded gives us a greater chance to continue providing you with high-quality content. Please consider supporting us by donating!
- Sign a Petition: Your voice matters! Help turn petitions into victories by signing the latest list of must-sign petitions to help people, animals, and the planet.
- Stay Informed: Keep up with the latest news and important stories involving animals, the environment, sustainable living, food, health, and human interest topics by subscribing to our newsletter!
- Do What You Can: Reduce waste, plant trees, eat local, travel responsibly, reuse stuff, say no to single-use plastics, recycle, vote smart, switch to cold water laundry, divest from fossil fuels, save water, shop wisely, Donate if you can, grow your own food, volunteer, conserve energy, compost, and don’t forget about the microplastics and microbeads lurking in common household and personal care products!