This vegan zucchini gratin is for those times when you crave something warm, rich, and nutritious but you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen. The creamy cashew sauce is so delicious that even picky eaters will love this dish. It might even help them discover a new love of zucchini. This simple vegan zucchini gratin recipe takes little time to prep and is such a flavorful, filling meal.
Zucchini Gratin [Vegan]
For the Gratin:
- 6 medium zucchini, thinly sliced
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt, as needed
For the Optional Toppings:
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Put all the ingredients in the blender, except the zucchini and the toppings, and blend until you get a smooth batter. Taste and adjust the salt to your liking, considering that zucchinis will also need a bit of salt.
- In a bowl, coat the zucchini slices in the batter.
- Tile the zucchinis in a baking pan or a cast-iron skillet. Pour the remaining batter over the zucchinis.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven.
- Add the toppings and serve.