Zippy vegan coleslaw with mango is a refreshing mix of crunchy cabbage and carrots, sweet sliced mango, and an oil-free dressing that's 2-ingredient simple.
Zippy Vegan Coleslaw with Mango [Vegan]
- 4 cups shredded cabbage (a mix of cabbage along with carrots if you desire)
- 2 firm, but ripe mangos, peeled and cut into strips (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (coriander)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (1 lime)
- 1 tablespoon Agave syrup or another plant-based liquid sweetener
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a medium salad bowl, combine the cabbage, carrots (if using), chopped cilantro, and mango slices.
- In a small dish, mix together the lime juice (3 Tbsp.), and agave syrup (1 Tbsp.).
- Add this to the slaw, along with a few turns of ground black pepper (1/4 tsp.) and mix well.
- Allow the slaw to sit for at least 30 minutes so the flavors can combine.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.