These muffins are made with carrots, fresh apple puree, bananas, raisins, flax meal, pecans, and spices. Add some homemade Cinnamon Vanilla Pecan Frosting Infused with Coffee and you are in for a real treat!
Carrot Cake Muffins With Pecan Frosting [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
9 large cupcakes
- 2 cups pecan flour (or your favorite gluten-free flour)
- 1.5 tsp xanthum gum (or guar gum)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Opt: 1 tsp greens powder (or protein powder)
- 4 tbsp flax meal
- 1/2 cup hot water
- 1-2 bananas – pureed (3/4 cup puree)
- 1/2 apple
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (maple or brown rice syrup would work too)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 organic carrots – processed fine (2 cups)
- 1 cup raisins
Vanilla Pecan Frosting Infused with Coffee
- 1 cup Pecans
- 1/2 cup Hot Coffee
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Stevia Extract to taste
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake liners.
- Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Whisk the flax meal and hot water together, set aside to congeal.
- Process 1-2 bananas in a food processor or mash to create a puree. Place in a small bowl.
- Process 1/2 cored apple with 1/4 cup water in a food processor until mixed very well to create a fresh applesauce, pour in the bowl with the bananas.
- Add the balance of wet ingredients, including the flax meal mixture and mix well.
- Mix the wet into the dry.
- Process 3 organic carrots to create 2 cups of finely processed carrots, fold into the wet mixture along with the raisins.
- Take 1/3 heaping cups and pour into the muffin liners. Bake for 50-60 minutes until a knife comes out clean.
- Cool, frost, decorate and enjoy!!!
Vanilla Frosting Infused with Coffee
- Soak the pecans in hot coffee for 30 + minutes, until they soften.
- Combine the ingredients in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend.
- Pulse, scrape down the sides, blend again, repeating as needed until smooth.
- Place in fridge while cake is baking to firm.