With the mornings getting a lot colder it’s the perfect time to incorporate more immune boosting foods into your day. This combination is perfect if you want to jazz up your boring bowl of oatmeal into something a bit more exciting! Ginger has anti inflammatory benefits and also aids in digestion. Because lemon is rich in vitamin C, it supports the immune system which will assist the body in fighting off colds and flus.
Winter Ginger Lemon Oats [Vegan]
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 cup oat milk or milk of choice
- 1 tablespoon Fresh grated ginger
- 1/2 banana, sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- water as needed
- any desired toppings
- Place all ingredients (excluding toppings) into a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Keep stirring as it will thicken up quickly and add water if needed.
- Once you have a lovely thick consistency, let it sit for about 2 minutes.
- Pour into your bowl, add toppings and enjoy the goodness!