Wholesome and delicious Wholegrain Oat Cookies make a great snacking option throughout your day! They're really simple to make and quite healthy! The oats give these a really satisfying texture from the oats and will keep you filled up! These wholegrain oat cookies are slightly sweet with delicious pockets of dried berries. Perfect with tea or coffee!
Wholegrain Oats And Berry Cookies [Vegan]
- In a large bowl, whisk together first four ingredients.
- In another deep bowl, beat ghee with sugar.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Now add dry flour mix. Mix well. Add berries.
- Now add 2 tablespoons of warm plant-based milk. Mix. If the mixture feels dry, add 2 tablespoons of milk again. Mix with hands. The mixture should come together like a dough. It should be a little dry, but not overly wet and sticky.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line one baking tray with parchment paper.
- Take walnut size balls of dough and flatten them. If you want cookies with clean edges, use a cookie cutter or a lid of the bottle. Press firmly on the flattened dough.
- Arrange cookies on the baking tray about 1 1/2 inch apart. The cookies will expand while baking.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. The cookies will bloat and then flatten while baking. The cookies should brown uniformly.
- Turn off the heat and transfer the cookies to the rack to cool. Store in an airtight container.
The dough should be soft and pliable. It should not be sticky. Add more plant-based milk only if the dough feels dry. Use berries or dry fruit of your choice.