These cookies are delicious, flavorful, and so hearty! Just place some vegan whipped cream, ice cream, or marshmallow spread between two for a gooey treat!
Whole Wheat Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Sandwiches [Vegan]
- 1 large banana, mashed
- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- Dash of sea salt
- 1 cup raisins
- Dairy-free whipped cream or vegan marshmallow spread
- Preheat to 350°F.
- Mix the first six ingredients in a large bowl.
- Then, sift the flour and baking soda, followed by the remaining ingredients.
- Scoop the batter out into 10 equal portions with a large ice cream scoop onto a prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Rack to cool.
- When they're fully cooled, put them in the freezer for a little while before filling them (if you have the time).
- Then add about 1/4 cup ice cream or whipped cream to the undersides of five of the cookies, and give each a top. Freeze, refrigerate, or consume immediately--they're amazing no matter what.