These are the ultimate peanut butter cup experience. A crunchy chocolate creme sandwich cookie topped with a sweet peanut butter mixture is hidden within a white chocolate shell. If that wasn't enough to tempt you, it's topped with crumbled cookies. When you bite into one, you get the smoothness of the white chocolate, the fluffiness of the peanut butter, and then the crunch of the sandwich cookie that has its own creamy filling. This is the kind of dessert people dream of.
White Chocolate Sandwich Cookie Peanut Butter Cups [Vegan]
- 8 ounces vegan white chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan unsalted butter, softened
- 8 chocolate creme sandwich cookies
- Melt half the white chocolate (4 ounces) in the top half of a double boiler set over barely simmering water. Divide evenly among the liners, spreading on the bottoms and slightly up the sides. Pop in the freezer to set.
- While the chocolate is setting, make the peanut butter filling. Beat the peanut butter, confectioners’ sugar, and butter until light and fluffy. Divide evenly among the tops of 6 of the cookies. Using a spoon, offset spatula, or clean, damp fingers, smooth the peanut butter mixture into an even layer.
- When the chocolate has hardened, place the cookies inside each liner, then return to the freezer. Crush the remaining cookies and set aside.
- Melt the remaining white chocolate in the double boiler as before. Spoon evenly atop the cookie/peanut butter filling; tap the tin on the counter to level the surface. Sprinkle the tops with your reserved cookie crumbs and store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.