This recipe is a delicious, heavenly, simple and super healthy white bean vegan cheese sauce. You can use it on everything, from pasta to salads, to nachos. It works really well as vegan nacho cheese too.
White Bean Cheese Sauce [Vegan]
- 1 cup white beans, cooked about 1/2 cup dry beans
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1/4 cup filtered water 2 tablespoons cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 cups zucchini, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast optional
- Soak 1/2 cup white beans (dry) overnight in filtered water for best digestion
- Rinse beans well, and add to a large pot of boiling filtered water
- Cook beans until completely soft, about 45 minutes to 1 hour, simmering
- Add all ingredients to a high-speed blender, starting with the water and zucchini, and blend until very smooth.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. Freeze after that.