This soup is both high protein and filling, perfect for a night where you need something cozy to eat!
White Bean Basil Soup [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + zest (if organic)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: vegan croutons
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Saute onions 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Next, stir in tomatoes, oregano, beans and vegetable broth. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Garnish with croutons and fresh basil.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile