This soup is both high protein and filling, perfect for a night where you need something cozy to eat!
White Bean Basil Soup [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for White Bean Basil Soup [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- 1/2 medium yellow or white onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Roma tomato, diced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 1/2 cup white beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 handful fresh basil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + zest (if organic)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: vegan croutons
How to Prepare White Bean Basil Soup [Vegan]
- In a large saucepan, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Saute onions 4-5 minutes, then add garlic and cook for 2 minutes, stirring.
- Next, stir in tomatoes, oregano, beans and vegetable broth. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes, then bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add basil, lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper. Garnish with croutons and fresh basil.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.