These flavourful and nutritious White Bean and Artichoke Patties are great for including in your weekend meal prep. Store them in the fridge and reheat them during the week for a quick lunch or dinner. You could also serve them as an appetizer when entertaining.
White Bean & Artichoke Patties [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for White Bean & Artichoke Patties [Vegan]
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 398 ml can Cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup grated carrot
- 4 artichoke hearts (from jar), diced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (good quality)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup spinach, chopped
How to Prepare White Bean & Artichoke Patties [Vegan]
- Drain and rinse cannellini beans. Either mash with a fork in a large bowl or pulse them in a food processor. You want them to still have texture (not mushy).
- Finely dice red onion and mince garlic and add to bowl. Grate carrot and add to bowl.
- Place artichoke on a paper towel and squeeze gently to remove most of the moisture. Roughly chop and add to bowl. You will want to maintain some chunkiness for texture.
- Finely chop the spinach to make 1 cup. Using a tool such as a Microplane or zester, zest 1 tsp of lemon rind.
- Add the curry powder, salt, ground flaxseed, lemon zest, and spinach to the bowl with the rest of the ingredients. Stir gently until well combined.
- Evenly divide the mixture into 6 portions and form into patties. We like to use a large ice cream scoop with a spring for this. If using the ice cream scoop, the mixture will be level. Each patty is approximately 1/4 cup.
- Place olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Once heated, place patties in pan.
- Cook for about 7 minutes per side.
- These are well served with toppings such as tomato chutney or cashew sour cream. Also good served with a side salad or bowl of soup to complete a meal.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.