On the hunt for healthy and nutritious breakfast options? This mushroom spinach omelet might just be what you’ve been looking for! The omelet itself is made from white beans and oats and is jam-packed with nourishing ingredients like fresh spinach — and the creamy mushroom filling couldn’t be any more tasty! This mushroom spinach omelet is the perfect breakfast option, but also fits amazingly for lunch time as it only takes about 15 minutes to make. How great is that?
White Bean and Oat Omelet With Creamy Mushroom Filling [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Omelet:
- 1/3 cup white butter beans, cooked
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/4 cup water, plus more if the batter is too sticky
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon tapioca flour
- A dash of Himalayan salt and black pepper (optional)
For the Filling:
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup rice milk
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/8 cup fresh herbs of choice (optional)
- A dash of black pepper
For the Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- A dash of water (depending on desired consistency)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- First, prepare the omelet by adding all the ingredients into a high-speed blender. Blend on medium until you get a smooth mixture.
- Set aside and prepare the vegetables for the filling and the sauce. Simply whisk all sauce ingredients together until you get the desired consistency.
- In two separate pans, prepare both the omelet and the filling (alternatively do one after the other).
- Heat a non-sticking pan on medium heat and pour in the omelet mixture into a round shape.
- Flip the omelet once you see bubbles on the surface and let cook until done.
- For the filling, first add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook the in a dash of water (instead of the oil).
- Add the rest of the vegetables and rice milk and let cook a few minutes.
- Once the vegetables have softened, add the sauce and the tapioca flour and whisk until you get a creamy filling.
- Place the filling inside the omelet and serve.