Fishless fish fingers, made with jackfruit, white beans, and nori! These fishless sticks have a realistic, fish-like texture due to the jackfruit. The nori brings in the sea taste, the white beans boost the protein content, and capers deliver the acidity to brighten things up. This will become a family favorite real fast.
Fishless White Bean and Jackfruit Fishsticks [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Fishless White Bean and Jackfruit Fishsticks [Vegan]
- 2 nori sheets
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (more for pan frying)
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 can (9.9-ounce) jack fruit, drained
- 1/2 cup cooked white beans
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- A pinch of turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
How to Prepare Fishless White Bean and Jackfruit Fishsticks [Vegan]
- Toast the nori sheets one by one in a pan until they get crisp and easy to crumble.
- In a food processor, crumble the nori sheets into small flakes. Transfer to a large bowl and set aside.
- Pulse the jackfruit in the food processor a few times, leaving a chunky texture. Add to the bowl.
- In a sauteing pan over medium high heat, cook the onions for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the onions to the bowl together with the rest of the ingredients except the bread crumbs. Grind into a mushy mixture and transfer into the bowl, combining well with the jackfruit and the nori flake.
- Pour the bread crumbs into a small bowl. Take walnut-sized amounts of the mixture and shape into fish fingers. Cover with bread crumbs.
- Coat a frying pan with coconut oil and heat over medium-high. Cook the fish fingers on both sides until they develop a golden-brown crust.
Calories: 116 | Carbs: 18g | Fat: 4g | Protein: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Sodium: 191mg Note: Nutrition info accounts for one fishstickNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.