This unique and colorful appetizer is as fun to make as it is yummy. Drizzled with a bit of agave and little black sesame seeds, these are fancy enough for your next dinner party, fun enough to bring to a barbecue, and freezable for an ice cold, heat of the afternoon snack. A vibrant and refreshing twist on sushi.
Watermelon ‘Sashimi’ [Vegan]
- 1 mini seedless watermelon, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 jalapeños, sliced thinly
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, julienned
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 1-2 tablespoons black sesame seeds, for sprinkling
- 2 tablespoons agave nectar, for drizzling
- Top each piece of watermelon with a slice of jalapeño.
- Add a garnish of ginger.
- Top with a squeeze of lime juice, a drizzle of agave nectar, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Eat immediately or freeze.