Watermelon feta salad with cucumber, mint, pine nuts, onions, and lime dressing is a wonderful recipe for hot days. The homemade vegan feta takes everything to the next level. A very simple and so delicious recipe.
Watermelon Feta Salad with Cucumber [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Watermelon Feta Salad with Cucumber [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 70 oz (2 kg) water melon
- 1 cucumber
- 1 bought vegan feta (approx. 7 oz or 200 g)
- 1 red onion
- a few stalks of fresh mint
- 1.7 oz (50 g) pine nuts
For the Dressing:
- 6 tablespoons lime juice (= approx. 2 limes)
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup (or some other sweetener)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- few dried chili flakes
How to Prepare Watermelon Feta Salad with Cucumber [Vegan]
- Peel the watermelon and cut it into cubes (roughly “bite-sized”, see photos).
- Peel the cucumber or don't peel it; it's your choice. Cut the cucumber into smaller pieces, and also the feta.
- Peel the onion and cut it into thin half-rings.
- Cut the mint leaves into fine strips.
- Briefly toast the pine nuts in a pan without fat until they turn slightly brown. Set aside and let cool.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together well and then pour the dressing over the salad.
This salad works best with red onion. You could also use fresh basil instead of mint.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.