This curry is made in one pot and uses whatever veggies you’ve got in the fridge, and after the prep work of chopping them, its pretty easy-peasy!
Warming Lemongrass Coconut Curry [Vegan]
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into bite sized florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups french beans, chopped
- 1 stalk lemongrass,
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 cups enoki mushrooms, roots removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger (grated)
- 1 tablespoon fresh turmeric, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic (minced)
- juice of one lime
- 3 cans of coconut milk
- 2 cups veggie stock (perhaps use less if you’re using light coconut milk)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Grain for serving
- Cubed tofu (optional)
- Your choice of fresh herbs for garnish
- Add all of your chopped veggies to a large pot or saucepan on medium heat with your oil, minced garlic, grated ginger and turmeric.
- Cook, stirring occasionally for about 5 minutes.
- Add lemongrass, coconut milk & veggie stock, bring to a boil.
- Turn down and let simmer for 25-35 minutes, until veggies are fully cooked.
- If you’re using tofu, add it, along with your enoki mushrooms with about 10 minutes to go.
- While your curry is simmering, prepare your grain if you’re using one.
- Remove lemongrass stalks and serve over brown rice, quinoa, noodles, or do as my husband did and eat it as a soup!