This hearty salad with brown rice and roasted cauliflower is the perfect meal to keep you happy and satisfied. You can add brown rice to make this a main dish, but it's just as good as a side or appetizer. Although you might not think "salad" when you think of dinner, this is one meal that won't leave you hungry.
Rice and Roasted Cauliflower Salad With Mustard Vinaigrette [Vegan]
For the Salad:
- 1 big head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- Mixed greens, such as kale, spinach, or chard
- 2 small carrots, julienned
- 5 small radishes, thinly shaved or cut with a knife
- 1 handful of sprouts
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced in half rings
For the Dressing:
- 7 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- A pinch of pepper
To Make the Salad:
- Preheat oven to 390°F.
- In a medium-sized pot, bring water to a boil and add sea salt. Cook brown rice according to instructions on the package.
- Spread the cauliflower florets on a lined baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil and spices. Mix until evenly covered. Bake for about 25 minutes in the upper third of the oven until the florets are starting to brown.
- Wash the greens and set them on a plate or in a bowl. Add the brown rice, carrots, cauliflower, radishes, sprouts, and onion.
- Drizzle with the dressing and serve still warm.
To Make the Dressing:
- In a small bowl, mix everything until well combined.