Mix up the veg with whatever you have on hand. You can serve them alongside a dipping sauce, like a sweet and sour, or eat them on their own. They’re great for parties or as a little project to do with your kids.
Vietnamese Spring Rolls [Vegan]
- 8 rice paper wraps
- 1/3 cup rice vermicelli noodles
- 1 carrot, finely sliced
- 1 red pepper, finely sliced
- a handful of snow peas, finely sliced
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- a handful or fresh coriander, torn
- Soak the rice noodles for 15 minutes in boiling water, drain and set aside.
- Soak the rice paper wraps, one at a time, in a bowl of cold water. Once it becomes soft, place it on a plate or clean kitchen towel.
- About 1/4 of the way into the rice paper wrap, add a small amount of the noodles, carrot, pepper, spring onion, snow peas and coriander.
- Take the near side of the wrap, fold it over the ingredients, and gently tuck.
- Fold the left and right sides over the ingredients to seal each end.
- Roll the tube towards the far end of the wrap to produce a lovely bundle.
- Repeat for the remaining rolls.