This veggie quinoa bowl is so yummy and filling it will leave meat lovers without room for seconds. It contains a mix to crunchy raw veggies, protein packed nuts, seeds, tofu, and quinoa and is topped off with an addicting creamy vegan sauce. You can play around with the recipe by mixing up the veggies, grains, nuts and seeds, with whatever you have on hand.
Veggie Quinoa Bowl [Vegan]
- 1.5 cups uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups organic tofu, diced into 1.5cm cubes
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups spinach, chopped
- 1 large beet, peeled and grated
- 3 carrots, peeled and grated
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup tamari
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- In a medium pot add the quinoa and 3 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until all of the water is absorbed.
- Heat olive oil and sesame oil in a large pan over medium heat. Drain tofu and cut into 1/2-inch cubes. Sauté tofu for roughly 10 minutes or until golden on all sides, remove from the pan and set aside.
- You can enjoy the almonds and seeds raw, or you can toast them by placing the almonds, sunflower seeds, and pumpkin seeds in a dry pan and toasting them on high heat until golden. They will toast really quickly so stay with the pan and give it a shake every few seconds. Set aside to cool.
- Place the garlic in the food processor and pulse until minced. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and pulse until smooth.
- To assemble, place a layer of warm quinoa at the bottom of the bowl. Then top with all the veggies, then the tofu and sprinkle on the nuts and seeds. Top it all off with some dressing and enjoy warm.
Discover more recipes with these ingredients
Total Calories: 5051 | Total Carbs: 338 g | Total Fat: 352 g | Total Protein: 244 g | Total Sodium: 5938 g | Total Sugar: 18 g Per Serving: Calories: 1263 | Carbs: 85 g | Fat: 88 g | Protein: 61 g | Sodium: 1485 mg | Sugar: 5 g Note: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Hidden for desktop / visible for mobile