Lightened up vegan pasta salad packed with fresh chopped vegetables, grain-free chickpea pasta, and a light balsamic dressing. It’s vegan, grain and gluten-free, protein-packed, and light in oil! It’s zippy and fresh with a crunch that makes you crave the next bite. The best part about this vegan pasta salad is that it can all be thrown together without turning on the oven or slaving over the stovetop! The dressing is a light and tangy balsamic vinegar dressing made with extra virgin avocado oil, balsamic vinegar, fresh squeezed lime, fresh squeezed lemon, and Himalayan sea salt. Whisk everything together and pour it over the cooked pasta and veggies and you’re good to go. It's best after it’s been chilling in the fridge for a few hours, but it’s also great straight out of the mixing bowl. Try enjoying a big bowl on its own for lunch or as a protein-packed side to your main meal. It’s also perfect for warmer weather picnics, cookouts, entertaining, and all of the warm weather dining.
Vegetable Pasta Salad [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 2 cups grain-free chickpea pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup black olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons cold-pressed avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, squeezed
- 1/2 lime, squeezed
- pinch of Himalayan sea salt
- Boil pasta until al dente, (cooked according to package directions.) Drain and allow to cool.
- Mix balsamic vinegar, avocado oil, Himalayan salt, and lemon and lime juice together in a small bowl.
- Add vegetables and pasta to a large mixing bowl and pour on dressing mixture.
- Stir thoroughly until pasta and vegetables are covered.
- Serve immediately with optional fresh herbs. Store leftovers in the fridge for 2-3 days and toss to recombine before serving.
The balsamic vinegar will break down the pasta and veggies over time, so this salad is best enjoyed within 2-3 days. If you’re storing leftovers in the fridge for several days, try rotating the storage container daily to ensure the pasta on top doesn’t dry out.