It may seem impossible to make vegan rice crispy treats. I mean, hello? Marshmallows aren’t vegan, and neither is butter. But fret not my friend! I made some ahh-mazing treats and you can too!
Rice Crispy Treats [Gluten-Free]
1 9 x 13 pan
- 8 cups rice cereal. (I used puffed, I like the texture it gives it. If you are looking for the traditional treats use crispy and not puffed)
- 1 cup of fresh peanut butter
- 1 1/4 cup brown rice syrup
- 1/4 cup of ground flax
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Lightly oil a 9×13 pan.
- Mix cereal & flax in bowl, then set aside.
- Mix the syrup, vanilla & peanut butter in a sauce pan & heat over medium heat.
- Once the syrup is mixed, add to cereal mixture. Mix thoroughly. If you don’t then you might have crumbly treats.
- Put mixture in 9×13 pan and press cereal down with a spatula or wax paper.
- Let sit in the refrigerator for 1hr, then serve!