These truffles are simply amazing! They're crunchy and amazing, and an all-around awesome treat to enjoy!
Vegan Ferrero Rocher Truffles [Vegan]
For the Hazelnut Butter
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons Sugar (optional)
- 1-2 tablespoons oil (optional)
For the Truffles
- 5 ounces vegan milk chocolate
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- Salt pinch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Hazelnut Butter from above recipe (1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons)
- 12 Whole Roasted hazelnuts
- 1 cup crushed wafers or 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts for rolling
For the Hazelnut Butter:
- Toast the hazelnuts for 15 minutes at 350°F for 15 minutes.
- Immediately transfer the hot hazelnuts to a kitchen towel and then encasing them in the towel rub them to get the skins off. (Don't worry if you can't get them all off.)
- Transfer the nuts to a food processor and process to butter.
- This will take 5-7 minutes, stopping to scrape the sides a couple times to make an even paste.
- At this point you can add the optional sugar and if the paste seems too dry you can add the oil for a creamier spread.
For the Truffles
- Melt the vegan milk chocolate and heat the almond milk
- Pour the warmed almond milk into the melted vegan milk chocolate whisking constantly to a smooth ganache
- Add the pinch of salt and the vanilla extract and the hazelnut butter last.
- Whisk smooth.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Once the ganache is firm enough to handle scoop it will a scoop and then flatten each ball and place 1 roasted hazelnut in the center, roll the truffle encasing the nut inside.
- Dip the truffles in chopped hazelnuts to coat them evenly, refrigerate until needed