This upside orange cake tastes better than it looks if that's possible. The blend of coconut flavor in it is just right! A luscious, fluffy, fruity autumn cake which looks super beautiful as well. And it is so simple to make - just 6 ingredients!
Upside-down Orange Cake [Vegan]
- 2 oranges
- 3 medium mandarines
- 2 tablespoons raw caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Start with greasing the baking tray with the butter and sprinkle it with the cast sugar.
- Now start peeling the oranges and mandarines and cut the mandarines into three, the orange into 4 slices.
- Place them in the tin. close the holes with halfs or pieces of the mandarine so there will be no gaps.
- Now mix all wet ingredients in a big bowl. Add the dry ingredients and give it a stir so everything is combined. Do not overmix ! Little lumps are okay.
- Now add the cake mixture on top of the citrus.
- Bake this for around 35 minutes. Take out and let cool for around 15 minutes.
- If wanted – turn around the cake tin and let the cake slide on to a plate. Warm some orange jam with 1 tablespoon of water in a pot an glaze the cake with it.