These wings keep things as simple and easy as possible, while still being healthy, plant-based, and wholesome. The cauliflower bites have only a handful of main ingredients, while the sauces can be easily made from ingredients that are probably in your kitchen right now. These wings are paired with hot and spicy buffalo sauce (with an optional cajun spin), a milder sweet and tangy barbecue sauce, and maple mustard sauce. Talk about a delicious trio. You’re going to want to try all three.
Ultimate Cauliflower Wing Sampler Platter [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Cauliflower Wings:
- 1 large head of cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized florets, washed and patted dry
- 1 cup of chickpea flour
- 1 cup of unsweetened soy milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 1-2 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
For the Cajun Buffalo Sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup (see notes)
- 1/4 cup hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
For the Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce:
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2-1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari, to make it gluten-free
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
For the Mustard Maple Sauce:
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup mustard (yellow or spicy brown)
- Pinch of black pepper, salt, and garlic powder
For the Cashew Ranch Dip:
- 1 cup of cashews, soaked for a few hours for easier blending
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened non-dairy milk or water
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoon(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes or powder
- 3/4 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or to taste
To Make the Cauliflower Wings:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper or sil-pat. You can spray a tiny bit of avocado oil on the parchment as well (optional).
- Combine dry ingredients in a very large bowl and whisk in the soy milk.
- Add the cauliflower florets and mix with hands until florets are coated. Spread them out on the pan and bake for about 35 minutes or until golden/lightly brown on the edges and the cauliflower is tender.
- While the cauliflower is baking, mix up your sauces. Whisk together the ingredients for each in a separate bowl. Choose organic ingredients whenever possible.
To Coat the Cauliflower Wings:
- Grab 3 large bowls, or just use one and rinse between sauces. Remove the baked cauliflower from the oven and carefully use a spatula to transfer 1/3 of it to one of the bowls.
- Pour in one flavor of sauce and stir to coat the “wings.” Place the saucy wings back on the pan. Repeat with the remaining sauces and bake for another 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and enjoy with the cashew ranch dip or another dip.
To Make the Cashew Ranch Dip:
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.
- Chill in the fridge for an hour or two to allow flavors to develop. Store in the fridge in an air tight container for up to a week.
For less heat, use more ketchup. For more heat, use less ketchup.