The yuba or tofu skin is one of the most versatile products around! Its smooth and particular texture (once hydrated) and its neutral flavor allows for it to be prepared in many different ways. This recipe is a meaty, delicious meal is perfect for holiday festivities.
Turkey Sirloin [Vegan]
To Make the Seasoning:
- 2 cloves garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon curry
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika powder
- 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
To Make the Sirloin:
- 7-ounces of yuba
- 3 1/2-ounces potato starch
- In a bowl, crush the seasonings together and set aside.
- Place the yuba in warm water until it is completely covered (two fingers of water above the level of the yuba).
- Add 1 tablespoon of seasoning, stir and let hydrate for about an hour.
- Strain the yuba and reserve the water for the end of the recipe. Add the starch, let stand 10 minutes.
- On a flat surface, stretch a piece of plastic film out and place the yuba strips next to each other. Press it and wrap it in the plastic film until it forms a compact cylinder. Tie the tips tightly, also pressing as much as possible.
- Place the sirloin into a saucepan with hot water to cook for about 25 minutes. Remove from the heat and cut off the plastic.
- Sear the sirloin in a pan with a little oil over a high heat. Add a little pepper and ground garlic to enhance the flavor. Add the water that you reserved, cover and let cook for 10 minutes more over low heat.
- Slice and serve warm.