Aromatic mushrooms, soft and chewy bread, and lemon-y cashew dressing come together in this delicious crostini. This dish is perfectly simple to make but has great presentation and a delicious combination of taste and texture. Enjoy these by themselves for a light lunch or pair with a fresh spinach salad.
Trumpet Mushroom Crostini [Vegan]
- 6 slices of Italian bread
- 10 King Oyster mushrooms
- 1 small handful of fresh oregano
- 3 mini white onions
- 1 garlic clove
For the Lemon Cashew Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons cashew cream
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- A few drops of white wine vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 3 pinches of black pepper
- Lighty oil the bread and grill on a pan or griddle.
- Heat up a few tablespoons of olive oil or coconut oil on a separate pan. Finely chop the garlic and add both that and half of the oregano to the oil. Cook for a few minutes until very fragrant.
- Slice the mushrooms lengthwise and add to the garlic and oregano oil. Cut the mini onions into little slivers and add to the pan while cooking the mushrooms until slightly browned on both sides. Place nicely on the bread with the remaining half of the oregano.
- To make the lemon cashew dressing, just add everything to a little bowl and mix. Drizzle over the crostini with a spoon.