Mango is one of the fruits most representative of summer and good weather. So what better way to enjoy time in the sun than a beautiful tropical cheesecake made with mango and coconut? This dessert is refreshing, fruity, and sweetened naturally with dates, coconut, and vanilla. Yum!
Tropical Mango Coconut Cheesecake [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
For the Base:
- 1 cup Medjool dates
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- A pinch of salt
For the Coconut Layer:
- 3 cups young coconut meat
- 1/3 cups coconut water
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 1 cup cashews, soaked overnight
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 4 tablespoons rice malt syrup or sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the Mango Layer:
- 3 cups fresh mango
- 2 passionfruit
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
For the Topping:
- Roasted coconut
- Line the base of your spring-form cake tin.
- Blend all base ingredients until combined, scoop out into cake tin, press down with fingers, and place in freezer.
- Blend all coconut layer ingredients and pour on top of base, put back in freezer for 1 hour.
- Blend all of the mango layer except the passion fruit. When you've blended mango, stir in the passion fruit. Take out cake from freezer and pour mango layer on top.
- Place back in freezer for 6 hours, or overnight.
- Top with passion fruit and coconut or add fruit of your choice.
- Before serving, put it in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to defrost a bit.