Wake up your taste buds with this fragrant, spicy peppercorn cheese. Creamy and delightful, it is delicious on its own, crumbled on a salad, or to add a gentle kick to your morning bagel.
Triple Peppercorn Cheese [Vegan, Gluten-Free]
- 1 cup raw, blanched almonds, soaked, rinsed, and drained
- 1/2 cup water, filtered
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Peppercorn blend, for topping
- Place all the ingredients, except the peppercorns, in a blender and process until smooth and creamy.
- Place a strainer lined with cheesecloth over a bowl and transfer the nut mixture to the lined strainer. Squeeze out any excess liquid and place the cheese in the refrigerator for 8 hours to firm and set.
- Once the cheese has set, lay out a sheet of plastic wrap on the counter and sprinkle it with the peppercorn blend. Scoop the cheese from the cheesecloth onto the center of the peppercorn-covered plastic wrap, twist the ends tightly, and form the cheese into a ball or a log. Refrigerate for 6 to 8 hours to develop flavor.
- Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator. Will keep, refrigerated, for 1 to 2 weeks.
Excerpted from VEGAN CHEESE: Simple, Delicious, Plant-Based Recipes by Jules Aron. Copyright © 2017. Used with permission of the publisher, Countryman Press. All rights reserved. https://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Cheese-Delicious-Plant-Based-Recipes/dp/1581574037/?tag=onegrepla-20