Dipping chips will be so passé once you try this tortilla hummus cups. Turn ordinary tortillas into a fun and creative snack! You can fill the cups with any kind of hummus, so you can customize your flavor profile to your liking. The contrast between the creamy hummus, the crisp and fresh toppings and the crunchy tortilla chips will make these disappear from their platter in an instant.
Tortilla Hummus Cups [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tortilla Hummus Cups [Vegan]
- Whole wheat tortillas (about 1 per person)
- Prepared hummus
- Chopped tomato
- Chopped cucumber
- Diced red onion
- Minced green onion
- Chili flakes
How to Prepare Tortilla Hummus Cups [Vegan]
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and get out some muffin trays.
- Using a round biscuit cutter (about a 3-inch diameter), cut circles out of your tortillas and press each circle into a muffin cup so that the bottom is flat and the edges of the circle curl up along the sides of the muffin cup.
- Bake the tortilla cups for about 10 minutes, until they start to brown on the edges and are hard and crispy. Check them often and around the 10-minute mark, to make sure they don't burn.
- Remove the cups from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes before filling them with the hummus, chopped cucumber, tomato, red onion, green onion, or any toppings you desire.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.