Thankfully, I have leftovers of this one for lunch today because ohhhh my gosh. It’s literally the best pasta sauce I have ever eaten… bursting at the seams with flavor. GAH. The best part… it is so easy. You can make this in under 30 minutes and people would think you slaved the day away over the stove. Not the case!
Tomato, Basil and Garlic Cashew Cream Pasta [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tomato, Basil and Garlic Cashew Cream Pasta [Vegan]
- 1 cup diced tomatoes (I used a mix of grape & plum tomatoes)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup cashews – soaked for 10-15 minutes prior)
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice
- 3 tbs fresh basil, diced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Pasta – your choice or brand and type – I used spaghetti
How to Prepare Tomato, Basil and Garlic Cashew Cream Pasta [Vegan]
- Over medium heat, add olive oil, diced tomatoes, and garlic in a pan. Saute and cook until tomatoes are warm and your entire house smells like garlicky goodness. Turn down heat if garlic starts to burn.
- In a food processor/blender, add your soaked cashews, lemon juice, garlic glove, salt, and pepper.
- Blend until smooth and creamy – about 3 minutes.
- Cook your pasta according to package instructions.
- While your pasta is boiling, add your cashew cream to the tomato and garlic pan and stir until well blended. Add your basil – simmer until pasta is done.
- Add pasta and stir until well blended.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Total Calories: 1872 | Total Carbs: 300 g | Total Fat: 109 g | Total Protein: 95 g | Total Sodium: 1430 g | Total Sugar: 8 gNote: The information shown is based on available ingredients and preparation. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional nutritionist’s advice.
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.