These tofu veggie strudel with curry and ginger is absolutely delicious. It is packed with protein and not super difficult to make! Give them a go!
Tofu Veggie Strudel with Curry and Ginger [Vegan]
- 10 sheets of filo dough
- 2 cups mixed green herbs (black cabbage, savoy cabbage, fennel barbs, green leek side, broccoli fennel)
- 3/4 cup natural tofu
- 1 leek
- 1 carrot
- 1 teaspoon of curry (2 if you want it more spicy)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of fresh ginger juice (or minced ginger to brunoise)
- water as needed
- white sesame seeds as needed
- whole sea salt to taste
- tamari soy sauce to taste
- mirin to taste
- Blanch all the green leaves (apart from the fennel barbs) in slightly salted boiling water for a few minutes, pass them in water and ice to keep the color bright. Then drain them, squeeze them leaving them moist (do not squeeze them too hard).
- Blanch the tofu for a few minutes, drain and cut into small cubes. Then marinate for half an hour at least in soy sauce tamari and ginger juice (or chopped ginger).
- Prepare a base with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and the curry and fry the carrot cut into small cubes for about 1 minute, salt lightly then add the green leaves cut into small pieces.
- Cook for a couple of minutes on low heat, blend with mirin, raise the heat to evaporate and stir often with a spoon for another 2 minutes. Add the tofu and the leek, lower the heat, cover and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Take 5 sheets of phyllo dough, overlap them and brush each layer with a little water. Fill the last sheet with filling by spreading well and leaving a few centimeters of edge free on all 4 sides. Roll up the stuffed pasta from the short side. Seal well, brush the surface with water and oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Repeat the process with the other 5 sheets of phyllo dough.
- Bake the 2 strudels in a baking sheet covered with parchment paper at 400°F to browning (about 12 minutes).
- Let it cool and cut into slices. Serve with a sauce of your liking.