This bowl is flavored with nori for an extra sushi-like flavor!
Tofu Sushi Bowl [Vegan]
- 7 ounces firm tofu, cut into 3‑inch-long by 1/2‑inch-thick fingers
- 1/8 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (page 189)
- 1/4 cup Sesame-Scallion Vinaigrette (page 220)
- 3 radishes, sliced thin
- 1/2 cucumber, halved lengthwise, seeded, and sliced thin
- 1/2 ripe avocado, cubed
- 1 (8 by 71/2‑inch) sheet nori, crumbled
- Spread tofu over paper towel–lined plate, let drain for 20 minutes, then gently pat dry with paper towels. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Gently toss drained tofu with cornstarch in bowl. Heat oil in 12‑inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until shimmering. Add tofu and brown lightly on all sides, 12 to 15 minutes; transfer to clean paper towel–lined plate to drain.
- Toss rice with half of vinaigrette to coat then season with salt and pepper to taste. Divide among individual serving bowls then top with tofu, radishes, cucumber, and avocado. Drizzle with remaining vinaigrette and sprinkle with nori. Serve.