These tofu satay skewers are easy, require minimal ingredients, are full of protein, and are a hit with any crowd!
Tofu Satay Skewers [Vegan]
- 1 block organic firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons soy/tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon date syrup
- 1 tablespoon soy/tamari sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- Prepare the marinade by mixing all the ingredients together in a shallow bowl.
- Cut the tofu into large dices and place into the marinade. Turn each dice until the sides are covered in marinade and place into the fridge to chill for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the satay sauce by simply combining all ingredients in a small bowl. If you want it more on the liquid side, add more coconut milk/water and soy sauce.
- Take wooden skewers and place 5-6 marinated tofu pieces on it.
- Heat a non-stick saucepan and place the skewers inside. Cook on each side for 30 seconds and turn. Then brush the satay sauce onto each side and cook for another 30 seconds or until golden brown on each side.
- Serve on top of rice, steamed bok choy, mushrooms, cilantro, and avocado, and add toasted sesame seeds and lime on top!