This hummus needs to be part of your game day appetizer spread. Roasted red peppers are the perfect touch of sweetness to give this hummus a major impact on flavor. If there are any leftovers, it's also great as a spread on wraps and sandwiches — but it probably won't last.
Game Day Roasted Red Pepper Hummus [Vegan]
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup roasted red bell peppers
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender, and process until smooth. Taste test, then serve.
This hummus will keep for a week in the refrigerator. If using canned chickpeas, be sure to drain and rinse well. You could also cook your own dried chickpeas by soaking them overnight, then simmering in water for 45 minutes to 1 hour until desired tenderness is achieved. The choice is yours!