I’ve been drinking green smoothies just about every day for the past couple of years. I’ve experimented with different berries, different plant-based milks, plenty of protein powders, and all types of flavors and sweeteners. But this one is the best. EVER. Made with nutrient-dense spinach, pumpkin puree, creamy pecan butter, and delicious coconut…this green smoothie is a delicious and satisfying nutritional powerhouse! This smoothie comes together in just a few minutes, making it great for a filling breakfast on-the-go. It’s also vegan and gluten-free!
Green Smoothie [Vegan]
- 2 cups of baby spinach, loosely packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk (carton, not can)
- 1/4 cup coconut kefir or plain/unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 2 tsp pecan butter (almond butter would also work)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree (fresh or canned)
- 2 T unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 T plain or vanilla protein powder (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 drops of liquid stevia, to taste
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 3-4 ice cubes, if needed to cool/thicken
- Simply throw all the ingredients into a high-powered blender (the Vitamix works great!) and blend until smooth. Enjoy!