Want to try a different kind of lasagna? Then you are in the right place today. This tortilla lasagna has lots of vegetables and a tomato-based sauce. Combine it with your favorite veggies and layer it up with some vegan cheese. The best part about this recipe is that you can prepare it a day early and leave it in the fridge or freezer. All you would need to do is pop it in the oven and go about your day. About 40 minutes later you have one great meal.
Tex-Mex Tortilla Lasagna [Vegan]
To Make the Tomato Sauce:
- Sieved tomato
- Cherry tomato
- Sliced Roma tomato
- Red onion
- White onion
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/2 tablespoon cumin, oregano, paprika powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder, cayenne pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
To Make the Filling:
- ice all the ingredients for the sauce. Put them in the blender together with all the spices and blend into a tomato sauce.
- Then sauté the garlic, the bell pepper and onion in a skillet until soft and translucent. Set aside.
- Cut the tortillas into four parts.
- Pre-heat the oven to 400℉.
- Now, start layering the lasagna. Start with some tomato sauce, add kidney beans, lentils, and some sauteed vegetables.
- Then add a layer of tortillas and add some tomato sauce. Repeat the process with the kidney beans and lentils. Add some grated cheese to this layer.
- Keep on going until you are out of the tortillas.
- Finish with a layer of tomato sauce and grated cheese.
- In the oven for 40-45 minutes.
- Serve immediately.