High protein, high fiber teff grain pudding with mineral-rich cacao. Ancient Ethiopian Teff is one of the most nutritious grains on Earth. Full of plant-based protein, complex carbohydrates, good fats, fiber, and essential minerals; Teff grain is a worthy addition to your breakfast bowls.
Teff Marathon Breakfast Bowl [Vegan]
For the Teff Pudding:
- 3.5 ounces Teff
- 13.5 ounces Rice milk
- .53 ounces Cacao
- .7 ounces Coconut nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon powder
- .17 ounces Chia
- .17 ounces Flax seeds
- 1 teaspoon Pink salt
- 3.5 ounces Rice milk
- .7 ounces Dried figs
- .7 ounces Cashew nuts
- .7 ounces Pumpkin seeds
- 1.75 ounces Kiwi
- 1.75 ounces Pomelo
- 1.75 ounces Mango
- Toast teff grain in a dry pan for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the rice milk or whichever plant milk you are using.
- Cook gently for 20 minutes, stirring throughout.
- When all liquids have evaporated and the teff is cooked, take off the heat and let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the chia, flax, cacao, cinnamon, pink salt, sweetener, and stir to combine.
- Add a few splashes of water if it's a little thick and needs loosening up.
- Place teff pudding in a bowl and garnish with the toppings.
- Teff Flour