This is a deliciously savory meal to enjoy!!
Tangy Koftas [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Tangy Koftas [Vegan]
- 1 pack meatless ground or vegan sausages
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (25 g) chopped coriander
- generous pinch of pink/sea salt
- black pepper, to season
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice from one squeezed lemon
How to Prepare Tangy Koftas [Vegan]
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. Let the mince mix sit in the fridge (covered) overnight or at least one hour to soak up the flavors.
- Shape 6 koftas around the skewers. Press the mix firmly around the skewers to stop them from crumbling when cooking.
- Cook on the BBQ for 15-20 minutes (turning occasionally) until golden brown.
- Alternatively, fry in a little oil for ten minutes. Turning to cook eat side.
- Bake in the oven 356°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.
- Serve with vegan sour cream or dairy-free plain yogurt.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.