Tandoori masala is a blend of spices typical to the cuisine of India and Pakistan. The main ingredients are a complex blend of spices popular across India and the Middle East, which provides a deep, rich flavors. The most famous dish that employs this spice blend is tandoori chicken, which is made by marinating chicken in yogurt and spices before baking. This recipe recreates it by replacing chicken with seitan or any type of vegetable meat, such as lentil loaf.
Tandoori ‘Steaks’ [Vegan]
- 1 cup plain vegan yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tandoori masala mix
- Seitan steaks of vegetable steaks
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- Soak steaks in warm water or vegetable broth for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the marinade by mixing the yogurt with 2 tablespoons of tandoori spices and the lemon juice. Stire the marinade until fully incorporated, then spread over the steaks and place them on a baking try. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 355°F, remove plastic wrap, and bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice, couscous, naan bread, or other favorite grains and vegetables.