A little bit savory with a hint of sweetness from the Medjool dates is the perfect combination.
Tahini Date Cookies [Vegan]
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1/2 cup of oat flour
- 1/2 cup of almond meal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of tahini
- 1/2 cup of maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon of almond extract
- 12 Medjool dates, pitted and roughly chopped
- Sesame seeds for rolling, optional
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line your baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Then in a separate bowl, mix your tahini through extract of choice.
- Add the wet ingredients to dry and blend. Then proceed to add the dates.
- Scoop out the cookie dough and roll into your sesame seeds and then place on to your baking sheet.
- Bake for 11-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove and allow to cool for 10 minutes.