These quinoa burgers are crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. Lentils and oats give it a meaty and dense texture while Swiss chard adds a unique touch. Top these burgers with some tahini or guacamole and then serve them on hamburger buns for a crowd-pleasing and mouth-watering lunch.
Swiss Chard Lentil Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
Ingredients You Need for Swiss Chard Lentil Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss chard
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini or sesame seed paste
How to Prepare Swiss Chard Lentil Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients. Use a quarter cup to scoop out the burger mixture and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn them over halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the baked burger from the oven. Cool on the cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.
Report Recipe Issue
Please report any concerns about this recipe below!
Is there an issue with this recipe?
Help keep One Green Planet free and independent! Together we can ensure our platform remains a hub for empowering ideas committed to fighting for a sustainable, healthy, and compassionate world. Please support us in keeping our mission strong.