These quinoa burgers are crunchy on the outside but soft and chewy on the inside. Lentils and oats give it a meaty and dense texture while Swiss chard adds a unique touch. Top these burgers with some tahini or guacamole and then serve them on hamburger buns for a crowd-pleasing and mouth-watering lunch.
Swiss Chard Lentil Quinoa Burgers [Vegan]
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups cooked lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Swiss chard
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup oat flour (gluten-free if desired)
- 1/4 cup corn starch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- A pinch of black pepper
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini or sesame seed paste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients. Use a quarter cup to scoop out the burger mixture and place on a parchment paper covered baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes. Turn them over halfway through the baking time.
- Remove the baked burger from the oven. Cool on the cooling rack for 5 minutes before serving.